Daily Tip: If you are near an airport that flies Southwest Airlines, your companion can fly for just the cost of taxes anywhere you fly and you can get this pass for almost two years if you play your cards right.
- You must earn 110,000 southwest points in a single year to earn pass
- You get the pass for the rest of the year in which you earned the 110,000 points plus the following year. So if you earn points in January, you can get almost 2 years of benefits from the pass.
- You can change your designated companion 3 times per year
- You can earn points by getting sign-up bonuses on Chase southwest credit cards (typically bonus per card for joining is 40,000-60,000). There are two personal and one business card that you can get.
- Points earned by shopping at retailers and travel partners through the southwest shopping portal qualify towards pass
- Points earned by traveling on Southwest qualify towards pass
- The 110,000 points are not cashed in to get the pass, so you can earn your pass and still use your points for free award flights
- Your companion flies for tax only even if you are on a reward flight paid by miles.
- Southwest flies to many International locations.
Want to learn more about getting the Southwest Companion Pass
See All of Our Daily Travel Tips at http://twothriftytravelers.com/category/tips/